Share Yoga’s June Contest
June is here. Month number six out of 12 in year 2009. Can you believe it?
I am excited to announce this month’s contest. This month we’re giving away a Pink Yogitoes – a very cool and cute towel that sits on top of your yoga mat, measures 24″ x 68″ and gives you added traction and padding. The contest is open to people who live in the United States only and the winner gets the Yogitoes mat shipped right to your home! Our June contest asks you to write a haiku devoted to yoga and related to an animal. The winning entry will be selected based on creativity, originality, and imagery.
Write your own, original yoga haiku
- Your yoga haiku must include the mention of at least one animal. It can be any animal.
- Your yoga haiku must be about yoga – any yoga, not just hatha (physical) yoga is okay though. (duh!)
- Your yoga haiku must follow the haiku format of three lines with 5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables.
- Your yoga haiku must be posted in the comment section of this post by the entry deadline.*
- It must be your own original work.
What is a haiku?
“A haiku is an unrhyming verse form, conveying a complete image or feeling in three lines of syllables, and are usually about nature or natural things. … Haiku in Japanese has three lines written one right after another, with 17 syllables — the first line contains five syllables, the second has seven, and the last has five.” (For step by step Haiku instructions visit Wikihow)
Entry deadline: Wednesday, June 17, 2009, 12 noon Pacific
You must include a valid email address when you leave your comment so we can contact you if you win and get your mailing address.
If you live outside the United States, you are welcome to post your haiku but the winner will be selected from US entrants only.
If you win, we will send you a Pink Yogitoes that has a retail value of $55 plus shipping and handling. Sorry no substitutions, returns, or credits.
You can enter multiple times, but each entry must be a new comment.
Most of all, have fun with it!