It’s never too late to start taking care of yourself. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it (forgive me), is to get your tushy to one yoga class this weekend.
- Getting yourself there is the entire battle.
- Everyone has difficulty at some point feeling motivated.
- You deserve it. You spent the whole week taking care of the fam, making money, or driving hither and thither for the kids. You deserve it. (Did I say that already?)
- You’ll feel better afterwards.
- Today is the day to start taking care of yourself. Set out your clothes, mat and water bottle right now.
- You can set a good example for your kids and family by taking a couple hours for yourself.
As much as we tell ourselves these things, we often don’t take the corresponding action. Think of it this way: You run your kids to their sporting events because they can’t miss them. Or, you attend a business luncheon because you would feel bad to just not show up. Why do you feel obligated to others but you so easily dismiss yourself? Why have you made compromises with the appointments you set to take care of yourself? Start by making the commitment in the comment section below by simply writing “I’m in!”. Report back on Monday.