This chat was held November 21, 2014. Read the chat transcript here.
This week on Yoga Chat we will be talking to one of our favorite yoga teachers, Julian Walker. Julian is well known for his ability to incorporate music as part of his teaching style. He skillfully and effectively creates playlists that let your heart sing while you experience a more profound mind body connection.
“Yoga & Music: Let Your Heart Sing” #yogachat
What: Free YogaChat on Twitter
When: Friday, November 21 at 10:00am
Who: Yogis, Yoga Teachers, Music Lovers, everyone!
Yoga Chat Questions
To get you thinking, here are some questions we will be discussing in the chat:
- How do you find music that inspires your practice?
- What type of music do you listen to at home during your own practice?
- What resources do you use to find the songs for your playlists?
- What are the benefits of adding music to the practice of yoga?
- How can yoga teachers better manage music when they teach?
- What common mistakes do yoga teachers make with music in their classes?
- What are a few of your favorite songs, musicians and/or musical groups?
- When is silence more appropriate when practicing yoga?
How do I join in the Yoga Chat?
1. go to http://twubs.com/yogachat
2. login with your twitter account
3. follow along with the chat starting at 10am PST/ 1pm EST this Friday, November 21st
4. Post replies and always include the hashtag #yogachat.
What is a Tweet Chat?
A tweet chat is a virtual online gathering through Twitter. To join in the chat, use the hashtag #yogachat in all your tweets during the designated time. See you there!