Every other week we host a Yoga Chat on Twitter with the hashtag #yogachat. This Friday, we will be discussing the topic “Pranayama at work: How Breathing Changes Everything”. Our intention is to provide some tips and techniques you can integrate into your work day, whether you work in an office, a large corporation, a small business, or at home, pranayama (breathing techniques) can help you feel more calm, more productive, and have a greater sense of fulfillment from your day.
Each day we take anywhere between 18,000-22,000 breaths per day. Of those, how many of them are you aware of? Chances are, if you’re like most of the world, most breaths happen on default. By becoming aware of our breath, even if only for a few minutes, we can deepen and slow it down, taking us from a fight/flight/freeze fear state to a place of calm and ease where our creativity and productivity can flourish.
When we breathe deeply, we focus better, we’re calmer, more creative, more approachable, better collaborators, better communicators and thus more effective in our work. We feel better and go through our day with a greater sense of ease, and we are more empowered to make decisions that are healthy for us. Breath is where it’s at!
Yoga Chat Topics
To get you thinking, here are some questions we will be discussing in the chat:
- Why is it important to focus on your breath in the workplace?
- What are some techniques you can practice at your workplace to breathe consciously and more deeply?
- What are some situations at work that could be improved by focusing on the breath beforehand?
- How do you know when you aren’t breathing fully? What are some signs?
- How can you work more deep breathing into your day?
How do I join in the Yoga Chat?
1. go to the link tweetchat.com/room/
2. login with your twitter account
3. follow along with the chat starting at 10am PST/ 1pm EST on Friday
4. Post replies and always include the hashtag #yogachat.
What? Yoga Chat on Twitter
When? This Friday, August 1 at 10am PST / 1pm EST
Where? On Twitter at hashtag #yogachat or at tweetchat.com/room/
Why? Connect with other yogis and learn how a breathing practice can reduce stress and enhance your productivity at work.
What is a Tweet Chat?
A tweet chat is a virtual online gathering through Twitter. To join in the chat, use the hashtag #yogachat in all your tweets during the designated time. See you there!
See you then!