Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him.
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
Join us this Friday, June 6 at 10am PST / 1pm EST for our world famous #yogachat Tweet chat. We will be discussing “Yoga & Non-injury: Practicing ahimsa on the mat”.
Through our shared self-introspection, we intend to develop and deepen our asana and meditation practices, and transform our daily lives.
Here are some questions to get you thinking:
- First, what is ahimsa & what does it have to do with yoga?
- What does it mean to practice ahimsa on the mat?
- Why is it important to practice ahimsa during asana practice?
- What are some consequences of not practicing ahimsa during our yoga practice?
- For teachers, what are some ways you can integrate more ahimsa into your asana practice & teachings?
See you this Friday at 10am PST and we look forward to the discussion!
Additional Preparatory Reading: