“Yoga starts with the Earth. Our bodies are made from elements of the planet, our blood from its waters, the air we breathe from its atmosphere. We are not separate. When we recognize this deeply with yoga, we see that we are one with the universe and mother earth. ”
Join us for a special yoga chat Friday, April 18, at 10am PST as we discuss the importance of “Connecting to Mother Earth through Yoga”. Earth Day 2014 is coming up on next week and we want to honor Spring, Nature, and all the things about our wonderful planet.
Here are some of the questions we will be asking during this week’s #yogachat:
- What role does the earth have in yoga?
- Why is it important to honor Earth the planet and nature in general?
- What are some ways we can bring nature into our yoga practice? Or in our daily lives?
- Why do we root down into the earth during our yoga practice?
- What benefits do “rooting down” give us in yoga?
- What yoga poses help you connect most to the Earth?
- How do you plan to honor Mother Earth this Earth Day?
Join us this Friday at 10am PST /1pm EST for our weekly #yogachat on Twitter. You can follow along on our #yogachat page or go directly to Twitter’s #yogachat stream. (You need to be logged in to Twitter in order to join in the chat. Please remember to include the hashtag: #yogachat in all your responses.)
If you have any questions you want to add, please do so in the comments below.