Thanks to all of you who followed our 10-Day Meditation Challenge – Sister versus Sister.
The last 5 days of the challenge were especially, well, challenging. I had been on vacation without much of an Internet connection, so reporting in on ShareYoga.com added to the complexity. However, I was able to meditate each day on my vacation and wanted to share what I learned.
Meditation Tips While Traveling
- Bring headphones. There were several times in airports or waiting for the train that I could have sat in meditation to help calm my nervous system and do some conscious breathing. If you can manage noise canceling headphones, even better.
- Don’t be picky about the location. Find a chair and just sit.
- Music is helpful. Have some peaceful music ready to go on your smart phone at all times.
- Practice conscious meditation. You don’t necessarily need to close your eyes to meditate. Breathe deeply and consciously experience every moment, object, movement.
- Remember it’s not about the destination. Let go of the ideal. Every moment of your trip can be enjoyed when you lose our attachment to the destination. This can applied to yoga practice also. Lose your attachment to the perfect pose, experience the practice.
Sisters in the Same Time Zone
Kim and I are now back in the same time zone and continuing our meditation practice each day. Last night, we stayed up late just talking and ended the evening with an audio recording meditation by Swami Kriyananda (1926-2013).
We checked in with each other on how the 10 day challenge was. The funny thing was we both, separately, thought of quoting Ellen Degeneres. Enjoy:
I was in yoga the other day. I was in full lotus position. My chakras were all aligned. My mind is cleared of all clatter and I’m looking out of my third eye and everything that I’m supposed to be doing. It’s amazing what comes up, when you sit in that silence. ‘Mama keeps whites bright like the sunlight, Mama’s got the magic of Clorox 2.’ ~ Ellen Degeneres
Latest posts by Darla Brown (see all)
- Why You’re Not Practicing Yoga Consistently (And What You Can Do About It) - June 15, 2016
- Best Yoga Advice I’ve Received - March 21, 2015
- Share Yoga’s Top Blog Posts of 2014 - January 5, 2015