“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?” ~ Martin Luther King
In line with our theme for the month of December, we will continue to talk about selfless service and more specifically, how our yoga practice can be a service to humanity. Here are a few questions to get you thinking:
- For a quick review from our previous chat, what is service? What does service mean to you?
- Do you see your yoga practice as a service to humanity? Why or why not?
- For yoga teachers, do you see teaching as an act of service?
- How everyone, how can we overcome our fears or doubts of not being enough, or doing enough to change the world?
- How can we use our yoga practice to keep us connected to the act of service?
- What are some examples of service besides donating money, donating your time?
- What is an immediate action that you can take today to be of service to your community?
Kimberlyn Brown is a 500 hour yoga teacher and esthetician. Visit her website at pureshakti.com. "Yoga is to me, the gift of liberation. I have learned how to breathe more deeply, give and receive love more easily and how to live my life more fully. I am truly honored to share this practice with my students. My ultimate goal as a teacher is to empower each of my students to take what they learn in class off their mat and into their world."
Latest posts by Kimberlyn Brown (see all)