- This event has passed.
What is seva? #yogachat
December 4, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
“Seva” is a Sanskrit word meaning “selfless service” or work performed without any thought of reward or repayment. In ancient India seva was believed to help one’s spiritual growth and at the same time contribute to the improvement of a community.
- What does seva or selfless service mean to you?
- What holds you back from implementing more selfless service in your life?
- Why do you think anonymous service is important part of seva/selflessness?
What small steps can you take to incorporate selfless service in your home? Your office? Your community?
Name a few historical figures who inspire selfless service. What is it about their stories/lives that inspire you the most?
For some us, we are celebrating the season of giving. What are your favorite traditions of service this time of year?
What are some ideas that will keep you connected to the practice of service all year long
We look forward to inspiring acts of service that not only grow us spiritually, but give us opportunities to change our homes, our communities leading to a positive impact on the world for which we live. What an exciting opportunity! Join us! The more the merrier, so please invite your friends!
Joining us for the first time? Don’t fret! Here are our: Yoga Chat Guidelines
Latest posts by Kimberlyn Brown (see all)
- A Day in the Life of a Yoga Teacher: Sarit Z Rogers - November 30, 2015
- Alchemy & Authenticity - May 4, 2015
- A Day in the Life of a Yoga Teacher: Lori Tindall - March 8, 2015