- This event has passed.
Tools to Simplify Your Meditation Practice #yogachat
March 27, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
For this week’s Yoga Chat, we are applying our theme of “Simplicity” to our meditation practice. We will begin the chat by exploring the definition of meditation, then discuss its benefits, meditation tools. We’ll also dive into tips for yoga teachers on how to teach meditation. Here are a few questions to get you thinking:
– What is meditation?
– Why do we meditate? What are the benefits?
– What are common obstacles to beginning a mediation practice?
– How can we set ourselves up for success in overcoming those obstacles?
– What tools can you use to encourage a meditative state?
Especially for yoga teachers:
– Do you teach meditation in your classes? Why or why not?
– How do you introduce meditation to beginners?
– What meditation cues can you use during class?
Please join us at Share Yoga and yogis from all around the world as we get together to inspire one another with our questions, comments and feedback.
Latest posts by Kimberlyn Brown (see all)
- A Day in the Life of a Yoga Teacher: Sarit Z Rogers - November 30, 2015
- Alchemy & Authenticity - May 4, 2015
- A Day in the Life of a Yoga Teacher: Lori Tindall - March 8, 2015