- This event has passed.
The Power of Forgiveness with the Heart Chakra
September 25, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFREE
You learn to love by learning to forgive – Erich Schiffman
Our heart chakra (Anahata in Sanskrit) is our fourth energy center located in the chest and it is associated with the color green. It is also the first of the major energy centers to be associated with an invisible element: air, or anything that is gaseous in form (neither liquid or solid), including prana (life force). When the energy of you heart chakra is balanced, you are self accepting, trusting, compassionate, forgiving, filled with hope and emotionally empowered.
For this week’s yoga chat we will be discussing specifically, the power of forgiveness and how we can access it through the heart chakra to keep this energy power house flowing well.
Here are a few questions to get you thinking:
- Why is forgiveness so powerful?
- Why is it sometimes hard to forgive?
- Remember a time that you were able to forgive someone or a certain situation. What did that feel like?
- What yoga poses help you access the energy of the heart chakra?
- Why is important to also breath deeply while practicing these poses?
- What meditations can you do to help you to forgive?
Please join us for a truly enriching yoga chat we where we will conclude with a “Loving Kindness Meditation” to get you directly into contact with the energy of your heart center.
Latest posts by Kimberlyn Brown (see all)
- A Day in the Life of a Yoga Teacher: Sarit Z Rogers - November 30, 2015
- Alchemy & Authenticity - May 4, 2015
- A Day in the Life of a Yoga Teacher: Lori Tindall - March 8, 2015