- This event has passed.
How to Simplify Your Yoga Practice #yogachat
March 13, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
“On this path no effort is wasted, no gain is ever reversed; even a little of this practice will shelter you from great sorrow. ” -Bhagavad Gita
It’s all about “Simplicity” this month on Share Yoga, so for this weeks yoga chat we will be exploring how to simplify our yoga practice. Here are a few questions we will be discussing:
– Why do we need to be aware of our samskaras (patterns of behavior) before we cultivate a new habit to practice yoga?
– Why is it important to set a “sankalpa” or intention to simplify or change our practice?
– What are simple yoga poses that you can do anywhere?
– Besides a daily asana practice, what are other forms of yoga one can practice?
– How can you implement more simple, easy “yoga breaks” while at work?
– What is an easy way to practice yoga when you feel short on time?
For yoga teachers:
– What are simple ways you can teach yoga philosophy as a theme for class?
– How can you simplify your cues or language to benefit your students?
– If you had to choose one thing to teach your students,
what would it be?
Please join us! We look forward to having you there!
Latest posts by Kimberlyn Brown (see all)
- A Day in the Life of a Yoga Teacher: Sarit Z Rogers - November 30, 2015
- Alchemy & Authenticity - May 4, 2015
- A Day in the Life of a Yoga Teacher: Lori Tindall - March 8, 2015