- This event has passed.
Discipline to achieve your goals & intentions #yogachat
February 13, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
Aristotle may have said it best: “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” That is why our theme this month is Discipline, which is a fundamental part of any yoga practice. We will continue our conversation around tapas and discipline at this Friday’s Yoga Chat.
Here are some questions to get you thinking:
- What does it mean to you that tapas is disciplined use of our energy?
- How can we use tapas in our yoga practice to cleanse our physical body?
- How can we use tapas to “burn up” the desires or distractions that stand in the way of our goals?
- Tapas is also described as “attention”. How can we pay more attention to what we eat? Our posture? Our breath?
Bonus questions for yoga teachers:
- Which asanas are heat building postures that will ignite the fire of tapas?
- Which pranayama or breathing practices are heat building?
- What is the foundation of including tapas in personal practice?
Please join us on Twitter at 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern this Friday, February 13.
Follow the hashtag #yogachat to join in!