Slouching over your computer all day can lead to some pretty painful repetitive stress injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome. The key is to take action before you feel pain and numbness in your hands and legs. Here are two yoga poses for tight shoulders. Set an alarm on your computer to remind you to get up and stretch for at least 5 minutes every hour.
2 Yoga Poses for Tight Shoulders
1. Shoulder stretch at wall – Stand with your right shoulder facing the wall. Extend your right arm behind you and use it to brace yourself as you gently stretch your shoulder back. Hold and breath. Repeat other side.
2. Cactus arms in chair pose – Stand up and place your arms up like a cactus (bent elbows out and forearms extend up, hands open, palms facing forward). Bring your feet together hip distance or closer. Bend deeply as if you’re sitting in a chair, while maintaining your hands in cactus. Hold and breath. Repeat.
Watch the video for detailed instructions:
Latest posts by Darla Brown (see all)
- I am divine. I am connected. The 7 chakras. - December 16, 2014
- Yoga for Freedom from Negative Body Image Workshop - October 31, 2014
- Eat Breathe Thrive: Yoga for Positive Body Image #yogachat - September 8, 2014