You often hear of Western yogis that travel to India in order to learn from the masters of yoga. Have you ever thought of traveling to India yourself? And, if so, where would you go? Mumbai? Darjeeling? Calcutta? And, what would you do? Practice yoga? Stay in an ashram? Search for your guru?
If you’ve traveled to India yourself (or are planning a trip), please share your experience in the comments. I am compiling a list of India travel resources and would love to hear from any one who has made the trek or is planning one soon.
India Travel Resources
- New York Times India Travel Guide: pictures of India, maps, and personal experiences. Also, don’t miss this recent article by NY Times writer Kyle Jarrard In India, Lessons on Yoga and Life.
- About.com’s India Travel Guide. Sharrell Cook grew up in Australia and now lives in Mumbai. She’s About.com’s India travel editor and her site contains useful travel resources and links on India.
- Yoga Journal: Finding a Yoga Teacher in India
- Upcoming YogaChats in November #yogachat - October 31, 2016
- Why You’re Not Practicing Yoga Consistently (And What You Can Do About It) - June 15, 2016
- Best Yoga Advice I’ve Received - March 21, 2015
more to come…